If you have a Virgo Moon (or Sun or Venus), you probably have some guilt issues every now and then. Maybe you constantly feel as though no effort you undertake is ever good enough. From time to time, you might even vanish into your job working tirelessly when actually you are just hiding from yourself.
That’s because you carry the legacy of the Cultivator, who first started tilling soils in the course of history. That was a tremendously big responsibility to undertake. Especially since it has never been done before and its working success was crucially important for the future of humankind. Thus, you often feel as though you’re responsible for the luck, happiness, and effectivity of more than just yourself. As a result, you’re under a lot of pressure to implement your plans flawlessly, which can cause anxieties and doubts.
But guess what! You are NOT responsible for everyone around you. At least no more or less than anyone else.
Anxiety is NOT real. It is an emotion, which is always directed towards something that’s in your future. Only the “now” exists, whereas anxiety is actually kind of obsolete. Usually, it feels much worse to be anxious before something actually happens than it feels to be uncomfortable or stressed while it happens. Also, anxiety increases stress and nervosity, which is extremely straining for your nervous system.
I once saw a guy on television, who said the following about worries, which became my mantra:
1. Do you have a problem in life? Yes. Can you solve it? Yes. Then why worry?
2. Do you have a problem in life? No. Then why worry?
3. Do you have a problem in life? Yes. Can you solve it? No. Then why worry?
The answer is always the same, because “worrying is as effective as solving an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum” (another mantra of mine from “Everybody is free to wear sunscreen” – Baz
Remind yourself of this every time you start worrying over nothing.
The next step is resolving the situations when you feel uncomfortable, stressed and nervous in present situations. Why do you think that is? Probably because you think you have to be perfect to be worthy of anything. But you don’t have to do ANYTHING to be worthy of basic self-worth EVER. If you decide to live under a bridge as a beggar, you are no less worth than Mother Teresa.
There has been a series of million tiny miracles creating the huge miracle that you already are. For about 80 years you have a conscious self until you will dissolve into the universe becoming the whole universe. Then you get recycled again and again and again into other species. Those 80 years, you, of course, can spend worrying but that would mean, that you choose to live in an abstract illusion of a future while your present is just passing you by.
Remind yourself of the simple fact that you already are perfect because you exist. As long as you take a shit once in while and breathe you are a Creator and a crucially important part of the eco-system and therefore the whole universe. Embrace that fact instead of beating yourself up, because you haven’t applied your lipstick perfectly or something else of the caliber.
Nevertheless it’s easy to tell someone not to worry about the future, not to doubt oneself, not to self-exploit to feel worthy and not to be self-conscious. It is so much harder to actually implement the reality.
Here’s how you do it:
- Mindfulness – If you increase your awareness, you increase your ability to live and enjoy in the here and now as well, as your sense of self, which in return increases your self-esteem.
- Experience of self-efficacy – If you increase your experience of self-efficacy, you will become much more resilient towards the opinions and expectations of your environment. Therefore you will be less susceptible to psychosomatic diseases since the trust in your own abilities will increase.
- Redirect your thinking – Feeling guilty goes hand in hand with arrogance. That’s because thinking, that you are guilty of everything around you is caused by self-centeredness. If you start deconstructing the behavior and expectations of your environment from their point of view, this will take a huge weight off your shoulders, because you will realize that you simply don’t have the power to cause everything that happens. People might be just caught up in their own emotions and when they say or do something hurtful, that has very likely nothing to do with you.
- Get in touch with your needs – If you succeeded in deconstructing the motives of behaviors around you, you can also start listening to your own voice without considering everyone else’s.
What not to do:
- Don’t blame anyone, since blame is nothing but the acceptance of your fate and transferring the responsibility of your own being into the hands of someone else. Also, blame is the manifestation of your mind that something is wrong with you. But there is NOTHING wrong with you!!! Everything that happened is in the past and therefore it doesn’t exist anymore! Thus, you decide in every moment of your life, who you are and how you act.
- Don’t expect to be Superhero since you tend to set yourself up for disappointment by taking on too many tasks at once – gaining no more than a lack of trust in your self-efficacy abilities, more anxieties, and less efficacy because of them. In order to be as efficient as you want to be, you first have to accept the necessity of small interim goals. By doing so you will see, that you will actually become the superhero you expect yourself to be right from the start.
As a Virgo Moon you are a working bee, but don’t hide by working right into your burn-out. Also, you are a brainiac. Therefore you have to be challenged mentally. Even though you might have a tight schedule that doesn’t leave much room for the Virgo in your life – MAKE some space.
Morning routine (1 hour)
- start your day off with a smooth awakening for example with an alarm clock, which will play your favorite music in the morning – starting with calm songs which later on are replaced by songs which make you want to dance
- dance to get your endorphins to a higher level – making you feel more self-confident
- jog your anxieties away or go for a walk – choose a wide landscape (a wide landscape takes your focus of details and makes you think in a big picture, which makes it easier to prioritize and see the end goal)
- take a contrast shower to increase the metabolism in your muscles
- eat the breakfast, which you prepared the day before – even before you check your emails or texts in the morning
- start doing your chores so you can cross out some points from the To-Do-List you wrote the evening before
Work (if you have a chance to choose your working place)
- choose a working environment where you feel safe and where there is a variety of tasks that challenge your brain
- but this variety of tasks should be overseeable at all times since you tend to evoke the image, that you are the maid of all work
- learn to say NO to your colleagues without feeling guilty
Although the Moon is your basic foundation, in Astrology it is the MC (Midheaven) which leads our path when it comes to our careers.
After Working or school routine
- Meet your friends for a coffee to find a way to process your emotions by talking them over, because you might tend to repress your feelings. Also, you usually don’t evoke much support because you take on so much yourself. Thus this should become a regular habit.
- Write a diary and a To-Do-List – so you can externalize everything you have twirling in your mind. The To-do-List should be in handwriting – so you can feel how efficient you are working the next day by crossing the points out.
- Prepare your meals for the next day.
Before sleep routine
- Do some Yoga since the stress of your day resides in your muscles. Therefore Stretching prevents chronicle tensions and heightens the Metabolism.
- Meditate ( because of the breathing, to calm down your brain waves and make the world shut up for a moment).
- Finally, distance yourself from your own mind by reading a book.
- Finish the day with some Wellness like a Massage, Sauna or a Bath.
There will be a significant change in your emotional state if you integrate your own voice into your life and distance yourself from the voices of guilt and doubt. The world needs your energy. There are numerous places where your extraordinary mind is appreciated!